Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Just a taste...

A day, a new dawn.

I've entitled this blog "Taste of Crunch" because I've started my journey towards becoming "crunchy". What exactly is "crunchy"?

From Urban Dictionary:

crunchy
Adjective. Used to describe persons who have adjusted or altered their lifestyle for environmental reasons. Crunchy persons tend to be politically strongly left-leaning and may be additionally but not exclusively categorized as vegetarians, vegans, eco-tarians, conservationists, environmentalists, neo-hippies, tree huggers, nature enthusiasts, etc. Also used to describe establishments where alternative foods and products are sold, i.e. natural food stores. Modified derivative of granola.

Now while I may not be all of those descriptions (nor do I want to be all of these things), I've defintely started the process of greening my life. This blog will detail my efforts as well as provide an audience to hold myself accountable by.

The catalyst for such efforts is my son, AI. He was born in January 2010 and since then, I've been branded psycho mom by my near and dear friends. Anything that comes near him, near me, near our home, near our food has been scrutinized. It's amazing how much a child can change you! (And it's insane how much time and effort it takes to protect your child from harsh chemicals, preservatives, parabens, oh I could keep going...)

So, add me to your follow list and comment away!

Mama A

No comments:

Post a Comment