Monday, December 13, 2010

Crunchifying - This, Not That

Sorry for the lack of posting, readers. I've been researching products that are used in my home or I have considered buying. I've uncovered a deep mine of information so you may see my revelations in bits and pieces over a series of posts entitled "This, Not That". Below are the results so I can save you guys some legwork. I have color-coded the results in red for no-go and green for safe to use.

Steamfresh Veggies / Rice Blends - SAFE! It's a miracle that something so convenient is also safe. Those two just never go hand in hand.

Steamfresh Vegetables are packaged in a special bag specifically designed for microwave cooking. Our bags are totally different from common kitchen plastic wrap. Steamfresh bags are 100% microwave oven safe and are specially designed from plastics meeting FDA regulations and do not contain PVC, Phthalate, BPA, PFOA or melamine.
Organix Shampoo / Conditioner - UNSAFE! Synthetic ingredients, misleading names and claims. The company is "greenwashing" their products (defined below). For more info on Organix, check out this link.
Greenwashing (a portmanteau of "green" and "whitewash") is a term describing the deceptive use of green PR or green marketing in order to promote a misleading perception that a company's policies or products (such as goods or services) are environmentally friendly. The term green sheen has similarly been used to describe organizations that attempt to show that they are adopting practices beneficial to the environment. (Definition sourced from Wikipedia)
This is the first in the series of posts. I will add more as I come along them in my research. Hope this helps to crunchify your life a little!

No comments:

Post a Comment